Saturday, December 1, 2012

Freckles the Elf

Pockets and Little Sis got a package on the front porch today.  It came with a letter from Santa and a small elf doll named Freckles. 
 

 
Daddy read the letter outloud from Santa so that we could all hear.

 
Per Santa's request Freckles was part of our Advent lessons tonight.  Crazy kid!

 
Little Sis loved playing with Freckles today.  Here she is putting her back in bed for the night.



 



The two sweethearts are excited to see if Freckles makes a good choice tonight.
 
 
More than likely she will be on her best behavior tonight, but will probably have a slip up in the coming days when they are not expecting it.  :)
 
Here is a copy of the letter that Santa sent. 
 
Dear William and Adalynn,
First of all I have to tell you that I think you are both very special.  I know you are filled with love for each other and your parents, but more importantly, you are learning to love Jesus.  Did you know that I believe and love Jesus? Well, I do!
Because I believe in Jesus I have to tell you something very important.  You know that whole naughty and nice list that everyone is talking about? Well the truth is, I don’t really have a naughty and nice list. Because I believe in Jesus, I have learned about grace and being saved from what we deserve.  I know you are learning about Jesus and his grace for us too.  Like when you make a bad choice and when you choose sin, Jesus gives you grace and loves you still! And sometimes I know your parents give you grace too… like when you deserve to be disciplined, but they give you another chance!  Nobody is perfect but I know that Jesus loves us all the time no matter what.  I also care about you and want to give good gifts to you no matter what.  So you don’t need to be worried about being naughty or nice for me to come to your house. If you believe that I will come to your house and leave you a special surprise, then I will come!
The second part of this letter is to ask you a favor.  I know that you and your parents have been doing the Advent lessons to learn more about God, his son Jesus, and the reason for Christmas celebrations.  These are important lessons and I know that you are learning a lot.  I have a special friend of mine that would like to hear these lessons too.  This is Freckles the elf…..
She is a dear friend of mine, but recently has been struggling to make good choices.  I have explained grace to her several times and explained why Jesus had to come, to rescue all of us from sin, but she still needs to learn more.  I thought that if she stayed with you until I come on Christmas Eve, that you might be able to include her in your advent lessons so that she could learn more about how Jesus loves us. I know that you both are learning to obey God because he first loved you.  I care about Freckles dearly and want her to know that God loves her too. 
One important thing about Freckles is that she is an elf and elves are not the same as humans. Freckles stays still during the day, but moves around at night.  You can talk to her and play with her though just like Monkey and Jingles.  Freckles loves to take adventures especially at night, but this is typically when she can get in trouble too by making bad choices, so you will have to check on her each morning and make sure that she is still in her bed. 
When I told Freckles that she was coming to stay with you, she jumped up and down with excitement! She really thinks you guys are a lot of fun, and she can’t wait to learn more about how you treat each other, how you love God, and more about Texas.  It is really cold here at the North Pole, so she is excited about the warmer weather. 
Have Fun! I’ll be back on Christmas Eve to pick up Freckles and will drop off a surprise for both of you!  If you happen to not be at home though for Christmas Eve, just bring Freckles with you on vacation and I will pick her up wherever you are!
Thanks so much,
Santa
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment