Here is the update from the last few doctor's appointments.
Dr. Appointment last week- I failed my glucose testing by only two points but after begging and pleading the doctor agreed not to make me do the three hour test because I had no other systems of diabetes.
Sonogram that next day showed that baby is developing right on target. Right now the estimated weight is 3 pounds which is very close to little sis' birth weight. Everything with me seemed to look good too. There were two sonographers in the room and they both agreed that I showed no signs of early labor and that I was measuring at or above average which is great news!
This weeks Dr. appointment I opted to have labs run to test for my chances of delivering early. The test looks for a protein that must be present before you can go into labor. If you get a negative result then there is a 99% chance that you will not deliver for two weeks. A positive test just means that the protein is present and that you could go into labor at any moment, but it doesn't mean you have to go into labor that day or even that month. It just means that you are one step closer. I had been declining to take this test for the last few weeks because I was feeling really good and I felt that the worry of a positive result would just make me stress more. Several days last week though I had a few contractions here or there and I just didn't feel so great this week so I opted to take the test and see. Well I got the results today and they were negative! So apparently I should be good to go for at least a week and more than likely longer than that.
This is great news! Tomorrow I will be 31 weeks pregnant and Little Sis was born at 31 weeks and 5 days, so I can breath a sigh of relief that we are more than likely going to make it longer with this pregnancy than we did last time.
Lastly, today I went to the doctor again for a Non-Stress Test. This test is to watch the baby's heart rate and monitor my contractions. I sit around in a comfy chair with one monitor on baby and one on me. Plus they give me a push button trigger. Each time I feel Caleb move I am supposed to push the button. Then they look to see how his heart rate responds. The idea is that he will be still and calm for a few minutes and bring his heart rate down but that when he is active and moving around his heart rate would increase. They like to see a baby rest, play, rest, and play again. Today's results indicate that Caleb is very very active and doing great. I only had one tiny contraction during the 45 minutes of monitoring so they were very excited about that too.
So from here on out I have weekly Dr. appointments, hormone shots and Non-Stress Testing, plus protein testing and songrams every two weeks until either term (6 weeks from tomorrow) or they see something concerning. I will make sure to blog if anything changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment