Saturday, August 18, 2012

Helmet Free

Little Sis is offically a "DOC Band Graduate" 

Here are some quick pics of our cute little girl now.
Make a note of the curly flowing hair!








Saturday, August 11, 2012

Little Sis' New Adventure

Last week Little Sis was barely transitioning between pieces of furniture while cruising, but on Wed this past week she took three steps on her own to get a push toy.  On Thursday she took 6 steps during her physical therapy session.  And then this is video from today!

She is walking ten to twelve feet at a time now!  As soon as she learns to stand independently without pulling up we will be done with crawling for good I feel.





Friday, August 10, 2012

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Exit Appointment

We went to Dallas today for our very last appointment with Cranial Tech for Little Sis' Doc Band.  We still have to wear it for two more weeks, but for all official purposes she is graduated.

  
Daddy flew with Little Sis and I while Pockets stayed at home with Ryan's parents
  
Here she is in her stocking cover just hanging out waiting for her photo shoot!

This is the special DSI software and imaging equipment that they use to take a panoramic pictures both at the beginning of treatment and then again today at the exit. 

Waiting for all the pictures to finish populating

Here is the front view. Notice the very narrow face in the left picture and a more rounded face now.

Notice in the picture on the left  the deep indention at the back/base of the skull and how it has filled in now

Here is the large bump she use to have in the back of her skull and how much flatter it is now.

Probably the greatest change here.  This pictures are sized to be the same size, but it sure looks like her head now (on the right) looks smaller than it use to.  Also you can see the very  oval shape before and now it is alot wider in the back and rounded. 

Again we were waiting so we took a photo opportunity!

Last was the presentation of our certificate!

Well like I said, we still need to wear our DOC band for two more weeks so look for a celebration post coming soon.

Head injury

William had his first head injury today.  He had just finished an amazing swim lesson where he dove to get a toy and floated on his back for the first time ever.  He was so excited that he started running and fell.  His still had on his goggles though so unfortunately they left a huge gash in his eye. 

The doctor said that stiches would leave less of a scar, but that we would have to go the hosipital since it was on his face.  Instead we tried derma bond.  It was a scary few moments and much more difficult that we all imagined, but it was fine in the end.  William was such a trooper.  The down side now is that he will have to wait 3-5 days until he can get in the pool agian so he has to miss all week of lessons. 


Hopefully this won't deter his spirts though too much and next Monday he will be ready to jump right back in where he left off today.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Closed

Out of the blue, we got a phone call yesterday from the title company. They said that the bank was wanting to push the house closing to happen sooner than later so they wanted to get some more details from us and wanted to help get us prepared. 

This morning though we didn't hear anything.  At 3pm we got a call that the paperwork would be sent to us within the hour and that if we could get to the notary and all the nescessary documentation and money, we could close TODAY!  That right... close today.  Well luckly Ryan and I had a babysitter lined up and today so that we both could work, so instead we spent the afternoon getting all the necesary peices together and then signing all the closing papers. 


No we still have to wait and make sure in the morning that all the papers are signed correctly and that the financing goes through, but unoffically our house is SOLD! I absolutely loved our house in Carrollton but I don't think I have ever been so happy not to be a home owner.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

More House updates

With the end of the month approaching, I'm sure some of you are wondering where we stand with the house.  Well, lets just say that this experience may have scared Ryan and I from ever wanting to buy a house again. 

Last I wrote, I mentioned that the buyers realtor had dropped the ball and that the buyer would remediate the problem immediately.  Well that is true.  The buyer went to the bank and started the paperwork procress, but a huge hurdle came with the appraisal.  Before the appraiser even went to the house to see it, he called Steve (our realtor) and expressed concern about the contract price.  Steve reassured him that our house had been remodeled and sent him several properties to compare.  Well days and days passed with no news.  Steve tried to call the appraiser but he would not talk to us since we were not the buyer.  Steve finally got ahold of someone at the bank who said that the loan process was put on hold since the buyer was waiting  on us but would not elaborate.  Again days passed before Steve got the buyer's realtor to get back with us on details.  This realtor din't have a clue what was going on.  When we finally got an actual copy of the appraisal there were tons of errors in it.  Steve didn't understand it, we didn't understand it, and the title company didn't understand it.  We all had huge concerns and we begging the bank to reconsider, but since it appeared that he buyer didn't care (becuase the buyer's agent didn't request this) they kept ignoring us. 

With all this drama and with the fear that the house might appraise at this significantly low value again even if we found another buyer, we started considering what we would do come July 30th when this contract was up.  Wednesday though we fianlly heard from the bank manager who agreed that the appraisal should be reviewed.  Mid-day Friday we got a call from Steve with news from the bank.  Our appraised value would be raised to our contract price!   Our realtor was stunned. He said that he has never even heard of this happening more or less actually seen it happen. He is a strong man of God but even he was blown away by this miracle just as we were.  Now we have to extend the contact by a few days so that they can finish the paperwork but that's better than the alternative.  We will keep you updated though this next week when we know for sure.