Well it is June 30th and we still own our house in Carrollton. After all the negotiating about repairs a few weeks ago, Ryan and Gary went to Carrollton and got all the repairs corrected. It didn’t take very long and it actually went remarkably smooth compared to last time Ryan went down there. When he came back we sent our Realtor (named Steve for the remainder of this post) an email to let him know.
Well we predicted that we would probably not meet our closing deadline by 6/28, so on 6/26 Steve called the lender to get a projected closing date so that the contract could be amended. We were thinking 1-2 weeks, but that got thrown out the window when the lender told us that the buyer had never even been in the office or sent in any paperwork.
Now let’s be clear, we had a pre-approval letter from the bank saying that the buyer was able to get financing, but they just hadn’t gone to the bank to actually start the paperwork. Needless to say Steve, Ryan and I were livid. Steve had a very stern phone call with the buyer’s agent and told him that if they were not at the bank within 48 hours we had every right to walk away and take their money. We still had to decide though what we wanted to do, but in the meantime the buyer personally called Steve and pleaded for mercy and just said that he had no idea he was supposed to go to the bank since his realtor never told him. The buyer was actually just as upset as we were to find out that we were not closing in two days and not even in two weeks. He got off the phone and went to the bank immediately.
Well thankfully the bank has agreed to try and expedite the process and has given a projected closing of 7/30. We will have to wait and see as long as the buyer gets all the necessary documents quickly, the appraisal goes without a hitch, and the lender can move quickly then we should be close.
I will keep you updated as much as I possibly can, but it’s hard to get on the computer at night now as Ryan has thankfully gotten some work recently!
No comments:
Post a Comment