Well I tried to make William's birthday cake and it was definently the worst job I have every done. Luckily this year William "helped" me so maybe there will be some grace. Our inspiration was lego's so I let William pick several lego's out of his box and arrange them like he wanted.
Then we made two 13x9 cakes and started cutting and stacking. Here is what the final product looks like.
Horrible I know, but absolutely nothing compared to the back of the cake. Everywhere I had made a cut in the cake it just fell apart. I remembered after it was all said and done that some people recommend freezing the cake before hand. OOPS! Missed that step.
Anyways. I was a really fun time with Pockets and I. We joked and joked about the terrible job and he was alot of fun too. Next year though I think I am going back to cake pan designs where I can pipe on the icing rather than trying to free hand shape it or frost it.
No comments:
Post a Comment